Home » Research Essay Cover Letter

Narrative Language

Rethorical Analysis

Research Essay

Research Essay Cover Letter

Cover letter

For my research essay my audience is people who are not aware of the topic of genetics, people who have heard or know the word genetics but don’t really don’t know much about it. I tried to explain in a simple way, analyzing and explaining my evidence, going back to what I had previously said so it would be easier to follow. 

I learned about how useful genetics can be in law enforcement, and how easy it is to hide information from the public as long as the information was used to a greater good, or with a good purpose. In a manner of writing I learned how using meta commentary can make the explanation and connection of different evidence easier. Looking for evidence made me learn more in depth about genetics but not just the scientific side but also what it has been used for and what the public thinks about it. 

The concept of creating an argument and using evidence to support it throughout the essay has affected the way I think about my writing, my writing in this research essay particularly. Working around step two, finding reliable information and step two analyzing what the evidence says before I start writing, has helped me to think about my arguments and counter arguments beforehand. Moreover, it has helped me to understand how using a counter argument with enough information can have a greater impact in my own argument even if the counter argument has evidence as strong as mine.

This phase has helped to achieve the following outcome: “Locate research sources (including academic journal articles, magazine and newspaper articles) in the library’s databases or archives and on the Internet and evaluate them for credibility, accuracy, timeliness, and bias.” because this essay was fully focus on research I had to be careful on what resources I was using to support what I was saying and what resources I used to helped give a shape to my argument. It was hard, as there are millions of websites which are either biased or the person writing has no expertise in the topic. However, the fact that using different types of sources was required gave me a lot of room to explore what my best options were in order to deliver my message and opinion.